Product - Pond BOSS
Assist bacteria in the natural biodegrading of odors and cleaning water...
Black smelly dugout water during winter and early spring is usually caused by decaying organic matter entrapped in the dugout, organic matter builds up in dugouts from algae and weed growth and is also washed in to he dugout by runoff water. In the fall, after algae and weed growth stops, decaying begins along with other materials such as tree leaves, grass and even manure. The decaying continues after freeze-up and water is robbed of oxygen. In other words, it becomes septic. under these conditions, odor is reduced and water turns black.
Pond Boss speeds up the decaying process when applied in the early spring to early fall.
Pond Boss speeds up the decaying process when applied in the early spring to early fall. When freeze-up arrives, the decaying is complete and the water is not robbed of oxygen. The result is clean, odor-free water.
WHAT IS POND BOSS?
Pond Boss is a safe organic product that stimulates the natural process for breaking down organic wastes, when used according to directions, the water is safe for fish, livestock and humans. There are no hazardous residues as Pond Boss is biodegradable.
WHEN TO USE
Pond Boss is most effective when the application procedure is started between April 1st and October 31 st, when weather is warmer. Climate conditions vary greatly from year to year, so application can be started accordingly, it may be applied during the winter, effectiveness is reduced however, due to ice covering, no new debris are coming into the pond, therefore results are still very favorable.
HOW TO USE
The following application rates are based on a standard size 1 million gallon dugout (180'x 60'x 14'), to determine the size of a non-standard dugout, use the formula:
length ft x width ft x depth ft x 6.2495 = number of gallons
length ft x width ft x depth ft x 25 = number of liters
Pond Boss should be applied in warm water. Its effectiveness may be increased and the amount required each year may be reduced when the following procedures are followed;
1. An effective algae control program must be followed. Use of an Algaecide is recommended as it not only controls existing algae, but prevents rapid re-growth of algae, which contributes to a reduction in organic matter that builds up in the dugout.
2. An effective water weed control program must be followed. Use only government approved aquatic herbicides, or remove weeds using mechanical methods (dragging heavy chair, or spike harrows through dugout). To endure successful Pond Boss treatment, apply herbicide at least one month before initial application.
3. Clear all brush and trees back 200â€™ from dugout, seed this cleared area (fescue, bluegrass, etc.) Do not seed alfalfa or clovers as they will taint the water. Keep the grass trimmed and remove all cuttings. These procedures will reduce the amount of organic matter being washed into the dugout by runoff water.
4. Do not apply fertilizer to adjacent areas.
5. The dugout intake pipe should be mounted on a float and adjusted to take in water no deeper than 3 feet deep during the summer. Re-adjust to a depth of 5 feet for winter use
Pond Boss dissolved in water will flocculate suspended particles in the water and cause them to sink to the bottom. Flocculating means: To pull small particles together to form larger particles. Pond Boss will flocculate particles at low concentrations (for example, 1/10 ppm)
This property of Pond Boss can be used to clear cloudy, turbid, muddy, rusty and similar type conditions in water. Some of the places where this property is useful are as follows; to clear water in dugouts, cooling systems, cooling towers, ponds, lakes, streams and all types of agricultural water where suspension of particles need to be cleared away.
Water tested with can be cleared either by dropping flocculating particles to the bottom or by trapping the flocculating particle in a filter system. Consequently, another use of Pond Boss is to increase the efficiency of filter systems, for example in industries where water is used over and over again and is cleaned by filtration through sand and gravel, diatomaceous earth, activated charcoal and similar types of filtering materials.
2. SURFACE CONDITIONING AGENT:
Pond Boss in water produces a surface condition on the sides and bottoms of containers holding water that prevents dirt, biological slimes, chemical scales, from sticking or clinging to the surface of cooling towers when Pond Boss is added to the water in the cooling system.
This property of Pond Boss is also useful in water filtrationâ€™s. Sand and gravel, diatomaceous earth, charcoal and other types of filters become plugged with chemical deposits. When Pond Boss is added to the water going through such filters the clogging deposits are broken loose from the filtering material and the efficiency of the filters and the length of time that the filtering material can be used are increased. Pond Boss will also prevent build up of biological slimes which can plug filters.
The surface cleaning properties of Pond Boss are also useful in removing chemical scale and rust from radiators, pipelines, valves and vegetable and fruit washing equipment.
3. ACCELERATED BIOLOGICAL DEGRADATION OF ORGANIC WASTE:Pond Boss is useful in clearing and cleaning water by speeding up the biological degradation of suspended organic substances in water. In organically polluted waters, the presence of Pond Boss will cause the organic pollution to be broken down biologically more rapidly thus cleaning and purifying the water more quickly that can be accomplished if biological action is allowed to build-up at a natural rate.
A safe, non-corrosive, biodegradable and easy to use Water Cleaner.
Treatment for ponds, dugouts and community reservoirs.
1 million Gal (3.78 million L.)
Mix 5 Gal (18.9L) POnd Boss in 15 Gal (56.7L) of water and spray or throw into pond or dugout on windward side. In order for Pond Boss to work faster; distribute evenly around the dugout.
Ponds or dugouts of 1 million Gal (3.87 million L) or less should be treated spring and fall.
In order to store dilution's when Pond Boss is diluted with water and stored for more than four days, add 1 oz. (28g) of dilution water to prevent biodegradation of saponin prior to use.
CAUTION:Keep out of reach of children, could be harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.
DO NOT FREEZE.
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
1. CHEMICAL PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
MANUFACTURERS NAME: AXSYS DIRECT MFG.
ADDRESS: 4523 - 97st, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6E 5Y8
EMERGENCY TEL. NO.: 1-800-438-5042
TRADE NAME: POND BOSS
SYNONYMS: None known
COMMON NAME: Not available
2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Hazardous Ingredients % (w/w) ACGIH TLV CAS No.
Chemical Family: Not available
Product Use: Not available
3. HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS OF PRODUCT
Summary: Hazardous properties of all ingredients have been considered in
the preparation of this MSDS. Read the entire MSDS for the complete hazard
evaluation of this product.
Emergency Overview: Not available
4. FIRST AID MEASURES
Inhalation: Not available
Skin Contact: Not available
Eye Contact: Not available
Ingested: Not available
5. FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD DATA
Flash Point: Not available
Auto-ignition Temperature: Not available
Flammability Limits in Air (%): LEL: Not available
Flammability Limits in Air (%): UEL: Not available
Fire Extinguishing Media: Extinguishing Media: Non-combustible material (90% H2O)
Fire Fighting Procedures: Not available
Other Fire or Explosion Hazards: None known to Simply Boss Inc.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
In case of small spill: Pick up and dispose as general trash.
In case of large spill: Pick up and dispose as general trash.
7. HANDLING AND STORAGE INFORMATION
Handling Procedures: Not available
Storage Requirements: Not available
Storage Temperature: Not available
8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION
Respiratory Protection: Not available
Eye Protection: Not available
Other Personal Protective Equipment: Not available
Engineering Controls: Not available